Urology Community
Itching after ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Itching after ejaculation

So I've had this problem for a while now that after I ejaculate, the tip of penis itches (like in the urethra).  Also, there is usually some clear discharge afterwards when I go limp.  Sometimes there is a foul odor during ejaculation as well.  Also, I have had a problem for as long as I can remember that my urine continues to drip out after I'm done urinating.  I went to the doctor earlier this week with these symptoms and was prescribed with ciprofloxacin.  He told me that my urine test was clean and he took a culture of my urethra that came back negative for gonorrhea and chlamydia.  I'm 4 days into my 10 day cycle of the cipro and I'm still experiencing the same symptoms.  Any clue of what I should do next?  Could all this stuff just be normal (although it doesn't seem like it)?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your symptoms are suggestive of urethritis. It is of two types: non gonococcal(caused as infections other than gonorrhoea) and gonoccocal urethritis(caused by gonorrhoea). It is only after urethral swab and culture of the discharge that an exact diagnosis can be made. I would suggest you to consult a urologist for this.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Thank you very much for the response.  I will set up an appointment with a urologist tomorrow.  Thanks again.