Urology Community
Itchy private area
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy private area

For maybe two months my genitals as well as my inner thighs and that whole area has been a little itchy.  I think that it's probably just because it's so nasty and humid here in Japan, but to be sure I'd like to go to a doctor.  General practitioners aren't so popular here, so I need to go to a specific type of doctor.  Would it be better to go to a dermatologist or a urologist?  I was assuming that it's just a skin thing, but I suppose I'm not really sure.  I have a girlfriend, and we have unprotected sex, but I don't think it's an STD or anything.

And, also, any idea what it could be?  I've heard that guys can get yeast infections--would there be any other symptoms besides itchiness?  
Related Discussions

Hello,
It can be due to jock itch or intertrigo. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.
Keep your groin area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms of jock itch respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. Treatment can be started only when the diagnosis is confirmed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...