Urology Community
Itchy urethra, slight discharge, no pain, no std, no infection??? Male

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi, here is my story. I started with an itchy penis (urethra) like a month ago. I went to the doctor and they did a urinalysis and only saw white blood cells. Ok so they put me on Bactrim and five days later I think the itching went away but it also started burning on the tip pretty bad when I would urinate and at the end of the urinating there was like two drops of blood and the urine smelled pretty bad. That freaked me out and I went to a night clinic, I couldn't collect urine for the test because I had barely urinated, so the doctor took me in and just asked me about my symptoms. I told her what I felt and she said it might be an std, which it isn't, but she put me on, doxyciline or something like that. Two days later I couldn't urinate so I had to go to the ER, they put me a catheter and checked the urine again, the doctor came back and told me the infection was almost gone, that it wasn't that bad, checked my blood and everything was fine also. Ok so I was doing fine with the catheter for 3 days except there was some white discharge and I finished all 10 days of doxyciline plus the 5 days of Bactrim before that, so it's a total of 15 days on antibiotics. When the pulled it out they did another urinalysis, but she just saw blood on the results and said the catheter was causing that. I was fine afterwards, no itching, minor pain when urinate for the first few times. Then a little itching started again, as days went by it got worse, two weeks after the catheter I went to the doctor again to check my urine for this itching and white discharge. She told me all she saw was a perfectly negative urine. So I'm like, "What the hell, what do you think it is", she said, "Well it might be a fungul infection, I mean you've been on antibiotics and you had a catheter in there". So she gave me two pills of Fluconazole 200 mg, which I forgot to mention the first time I went they also gave me 5 of these and took them all every other day. So just yesterday at night I took the first Fluconazole pill and I still feel the itching and discharge. I just need some advice or something because there is no bateria or std. Can't they find fungus on urine, I mean after 4 urinalysis and everything comes out negative, it's pretty annoying. This all started when I masturbated and cleaned myself with a dirty shirt I had used when I was working on dirty toilets that day, I'm a plumber.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It can be due to urethritis, balanoposthitis or Chlamydia infection. Urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra. It can be due to STD’S like Chlamydia or gonorrhea, chemical irritation caused by soaps, lotions etc, masturbation and bacterial infections of the urethra.

In urethritis the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells. Also other tests that need to be done are swab samples and blood tests.

Please discuss these possibilities with your doctor.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

I didn't go back to the doctor and still have the slight itching and discharge but less. I also noticed that after I pee I have to press my urethra to squeeze some urine drops out, they kind of get stuck somewhere in back of my testicles. I just don't want to go throughout the swab because it's very painful. I just started drinking natural cranberry juice and aloe Vera an maybe that will kill the bacteria. My girlfriend went to go check her self but STDs came out negative. She did have a bacteria growing in there and they gave her amoxicillin. The doctor told her I passed it to her.