Kidnet stone and sepsis
I have been going through hell all yr with large stone in each kidny. First stone was 11 mm and they imediately put in a stent...2 days later sepsis and ICU...after recovering and SURVIVING sepsis they trie lithotripsy and it didnt work. They scheculed me for surgery 2 weeks later (still have stent in). I went for pre-op and successfully had stone removed by laser. 48 hrs later arrived at hospital near death BP48/29 and sepsis again..How could this happen??? Dr never checked or disregarded my pre-op results which I am now holding copies of. Is it worth the hell of a lawsuit? I have been financially devestated by this because Im self empoyed. The thing that bothers me the most is the dr in the group that didnt check my results never even came to check on me in the ICU and later in step down....any help would be appreciated
There’s a possibility of sepsis due to the stone/surgery resulting in this state of affairs. Ideally, you shouldn’t have been discharged till you were absolutely stable and the doctor should have visited you before discharging you. Anyhow, now you’ll need antibiotics/ IV fluids to take care of the sepsis. Please take a discharge only when you are absolutely fine. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.