Urology Community
Kidney Cat Scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Kidney Cat Scan

My Husband had blood in his urine, went to see his Primary Doctor which ruled out a UTI because he had no symptoms. He went to the Urologist who scoped him and found the Bladder to be ok and said the Prostate had a Varicose Vein which she believes caused his problem. He went had Cat Scan done and it showed a number of things which they weren't concerned about except for a abnormal soft tissue fullness in the right upper pole renal sinus which demonstrates hyperdensity vs enhancement and is producing a filling defect. It said it was unclear etiology, althought the mass like appearance is suggestive of a transitional cell carcinoma. Benign etiologies such as blood infectious products can have similiar appearance. He goes next week to the Urologist again. Isn't it worse if it shows enhancement?? and could the blood he had in his urine be the varicose vein?? What do you think the next step will be?? And am I right that this report didn't mean it wasn;t enhanced?? He has no other symptoms

This discussion is related to Kidney cyst.