Urology Community
Kidney Stent problems!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney Stent problems!!

I am going into my 3rd week post transplant (live donor) and I am only now experiencing stent issues. I cant sleep due to the piercing of the stent on my bladder and my constant need to urinate. I can not get comfortable at all and its really starting to get me down. I have to have this stent in for at least 6 weeks and I dont know how I am going to be able to do it with no sleep as I am a mum of two young children as well as still recovering.

I am on anti rejection Cellcept and Prograff as well as Prednislone steroids but is there anything I can ask my transplant doctor to prescribe to numb the pain, other than paracetemol (which dont work), and help me sleep  - I really am desperate, please help!!! :(
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

The pain/ discomfort is likely to be due to the inflammation and is likely to subside with time. You could probably ask your treating doctor for stronger pain medication for symptomatic relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979