Urology Community
Kidney Stone, Other Infection or what?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney Stone, Other Infection or what?

Two weeks ago I started having classic UTI symptoms - urgency, frequency, burning and just uncomfortable. I called my OB/GYN dr and they called in an antibiotic. It didn't help so they had me come in for a urine test/culture and went ahead and started me on a different antibiotic. By the time the culture came back 2 days later almost all of my symptoms were gone which was great. The in office test showed Nitrites in the urine, normal white and red blood cell count, but then the culture came back with no growth. Last Monday my symptoms came back - sharp pinching pains down there, urgency, burning, etc. I called my dr and they asked me to come back in. The urine culture came back with no growth again. I am still having the symptoms but know that it's not a UTI. I have a history of kidney stones so I have wondered if it could be that but I have not had any of my typical kidney stones symptoms. My dr's office called today and said that they wanted me to try some Estrogen cream to see if perhaps these symptoms are due from dryness, but I really don't think this is going to help. Any ideas on what to do or what it could be from?
Hi,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? If urine tests and culture were negative at the time the symptoms were present, this could indeed be due to other medical issues such as the kidney stone or from other urological or gynecological conditions. Additional diagnostic tests such as imaging studies may need to be done to determine the underlying cause. Drinking plenty of fluids may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank