Urology Community
Kidney and Bladder problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Kidney and Bladder problems

Hello.
I am a 19 year old, female. Growing up I had re-occurring kidney and bladder problems like  infections, and had to have a regurgitation test ran. The test was normal. Years passed with a couple UTI's and bladder infections. I had about three UTI's that year, But October 2009, I was diagnosed with kidney stones and after a few days I passed them I assume. Since the stones, I have had multiple UTI's and Kidney infections. I found out I had a bad kidney infection about September 2010 due to stomach pain and back pain. I was put on an antibiotic then it got better. For the past  months I have been experiencing headaches, high blood pressure, back pain, stomach pain, pain on my side, and pain that goes down my hip, all on my right side. I was sent to a stomach Dr. due to the stomach pain, and was put on medicine and the stomach pain was blamed on my lack of having a gallbladder, and  too much bile production. I am taking the meds which have helped some bathroom issues, but the pain still remains. I am worried that I may be having some kidney issues, or am maybe trying to get another infection, but I am curious if this could be a result of something more serious. I plan to make an appointment with my family Dr. but I do not want to sound silly to him if I request that he run tests other than urine. I appreciate any help that you may have to offer. I know that since you do not know my entire history, this would be a hard answer.

Thank you,