Urology Community
Kidney pain with vaginal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Kidney pain with vaginal pain

Previously I asked about Pressure and Pain in vaginal area.   Since then I began having slight pain on my right side where my one and only kidney is.  I had already completed 10 days of Amoxil.  This kidney pain began 5 days after I finished the medication.  The vaginal pain and pressure had quit.  Then the next day I had the vaginal pressure and pain again and doubled in the degree of pain, plus the right side pain.  I went back to my doctor that same day, gave a urine sample which was cloudy and green.  It came back as a nasty UTI, which did not show the first time but blood had shown so I was put on the Amoxil because of the blood.  This time I was given  a massive dose of Ceftriaxone sodium Injection and a prescription for Omnicef  300 MG.  With my Chronic Kidney Disease Stage III due to previous kidney cancer when I lost my left kidney, I have many allergies to medications.  My kidney goes into Acute Renal failure with many drugs including Cipro.  I saw my doctor and got the Injection yesterday and began the Omnicef today.  I still have slight discomfort in my right kidney, but the vaginal pressure and pain have receded again, which means the antibiotics are working I hope.  But to be on the safe side I go back to my doctor again tomorrow.  He wants to run a urine test and make sure the infection is beginning to clear up.  
Hi there!

With the positive tests, I would suspect this to have been an infection which is possible well controlled with antibiotics now. I would agree with your treating urologist in running repeat tests, to be sure the infection is under control and prolonged course/ change in antibiotics is not required.

Take care!