Urology Community
Kidney stone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Kidney stone?

I have a dull aching pain in the kidney area. I have a long history of kidney stones.CT scan only shows a stone in the kidney and PA said it shouldn't cause any pain at all. My question is can I be having pain from a stone that is still in my kidney?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This dull achy pain can be due to kidney stones, moving of the kidney stone into ureter, infection or enlargement of kidney like in hydronephrosis.
Whilst ultrasound allows for visualisation of the ureters and kidneys (and determine the presence of hydronephrosis and / or hydroureter), an IVU is useful for assessing the anatomical location of the obstruction. But now CT is the investigation of choice for finding out the obstruction. Get an ultrasound of kidneys to look out for any swelling.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.