Urology Community
Laceration on penis after intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Laceration on penis after intercourse

Several months ago following intercourse, I noticed two small horizontal lacerations on the shaft of my penis.  The intercourse wasn't rough, and during the act, while I did experience very minimal discomfort, it certainly wasn't painful.  She was also lubricated well.  I allowed it to heal -- giving it a full 6 weeks to make sure.  When we had intercourse again, it reappeared in the same location.  I have masterbated in the interim and it didn't recurr.  What is happening and what can I do to keep this from happening?  thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You can try intercourse protected with condoms and check whether the symptoms occur.

In the absence of any body piercing over relevant structures causing the laceration, it is difficult to identify the cause.

However, you can ask your partner to be more careful with her nails.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.

Regards