Lack of Penile sensitivity
I am a 51 year old circumsized at birth male. My penis has always lacked sensitivity making it difficult for me to achieve orgasm through intercourse. This has now become a very depressing situation as I cannot achieve orgasm at all during intercourse even after a frustratingly long time. Is there anything at all that I can do to improve this situation? I have read all kinds of advise, in other forums usually indicating that this is just all about age..I don't agree as this has been a problem for a long time. I am in good physical health and condition. I can achieve an orgasm through masturbation although that too takes a long time and is not as pleasurable as it once was. There has to be something that will help.
Various neuropathies can lead to the symptoms.  Metabolic diseases like thyroid disorders, diabetes or vitamin B-12 deficiency can cause this.  Blood tests can rule out each of these disorders.

If the symptoms continue despite negative testing, a neurology referral can be considered to determine if there is any nerve damage.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a neurology referral.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_