Urology Community
Laser Lithotripsy Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Laser Lithotripsy Question

I am a 27 year old male. On Oct. 3 I had laser lithotripsy performed to blast a 9mm stone that was stuck in my lower right ureter for about one month. My urologist removed all of the fragments from my stone during the procedure. I had a stent placed which was removed on Oct. 5.

Urinating was painful (both burning and stinging) while my stent was in, and for a day after my stent removal. My urologist said the surgery was successful and everything appears to be returning to normal.

My question/concern is regarding getting an erection. It has only been 4 days since my procedure, but I noticed that getting an erection is quite painful. I was curious if this was normal and how long I should expect this to be a problem.

Any help or opinion is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I realize that 4 days isn't a very long time and that the body needs time to heal. I only ask this question because everything thing else seems to be feeling normal.

Just making sure there isn't some sort of complication or something out of the ordinary.

Thanks again.
I thought I would respond once again to my own question just in case someone has the same concern as me in the future.

I am not a particularly fast healer, but it took about 10 days for me to be able to get an erection without any discomfort. This may be a normal amount of time for this problem.

Although I did not receive any help from this website or its users, I hope this post can ease concerns that others may have after their laser lithotripsy procedure.

It was not a fun surgery, but it was not too horrible either. Recovery for all other problems/discomforts were quicker than the issue in question.

Best of luck to everyone.