Urology Community
Left Side Groin Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Left Side Groin Pain

I lifted something kinda heavy and for the past 12 hours or so my left side of my groin has an uncomfortable feeling when i'm sitting. When standing it feels as if right under my stomach to my left side is under a little strain and this feeling extends to my left groin area. I'm also feeling slight discomfort in my left scrotum standing and sitting. There isn't any visible swelling, the left groin area is a little bit tender. What should I do ?
The various causes of groin pain are enlarged lymph glands, epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis), hernia, inflammation of the large or small intestine, kidney stone, testicular tumor, muscle strain, orchitis (inflammation of the testicle), superficial skin infection, testicular torsion and urinary tract infection.

I sincerely advise you to consult a urologist or nephrologist and get yourself evaluated so that a confirmatory diagnosis can be made. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks alot for your advice, I am planning to go see a doctor on Monday as I have some other obligations (exams at school and work). I did go and get a normal massage which has helped the pain when I'm standing, the stress in the groin area to my left testicle has also eased up, just a little uncomfortable depending on how I sit and stand. I am feeling a very very little lump right under my stomach on my left side, it feels like its on the muscle. So i will keep you posted. By the way, can a certified chiropractor differentiate between a hernia and a muscle strain. Just asking out of curiosity. Thanks again. Will keep you updated.