Urology Community
Left Testicular Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Left Testicular Pain

About 5 months ago, I felt a discomfort in my left testicle. It was an all of the sudden issue, not gradual. When it first started aching, I reacted dramatically and nearly passed out from stressing it so much. Anyway I went to the hospital 2 days after the initial pain, and they took a urine sample, etc. They released me and told me that they didn't find anything unusual, and said that maybe I have a mild hernia. I accepted this answer and went home. After about 2 weeks from the initial discomfort occurred, it eased off, and didn't hurt again for a while. Almost exactly a month after it first started, it came back. So I went to my family doctor and he told me that it was probably some kind of infection, and that it happens often. Repeat cycle. So then 2 month from the initial ache it comes back again.

Along with the aching in the testicle area, sometimes i feel a slight urgency to urinate. After uniation or ejaculation, there is usually a slight burning sensation in my bladder area and urethra (spelling?). This has gone on for 5 months now, and I can't seem to find any answers. If Anyone could provide some insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS I only have one sexual partner which I have been with for over 4 years.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

In your case, chances of infection and kidney/ureteric stones are high. You need a complete physical examination and investigations like complete urine examination, urine culture, swab specimen from the genitalia and ultrasound lower abdomen to find out the cause. Please consult a urologist for that.

To tackle with this burning sensation, take abundant fluids throughout the day. Also it is advisable for your partner as well to have a vaginal swab done to rule out any infection as well because she may be harboring the infection.