Urology Expert Forum
Leiomyoma Tumor of the Bladder

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Leiomyoma Tumor of the Bladder
I recently went in for surgery to remove a large mass (6cm by 8cm) from inside of my bladder.  They were able to get out 90% of it.  Pathology determined it to be a leiomyoma tumor, which he says is benign.  My Dr. has never seen one of these before, and says he's not sure how to treat it. My question is, is that since they couldn't remove it completely, will it grow back?  Also, what are the chances of it becoming cancerous in the future?   I'm not scheduled for another CT Scan until October, and my curiosity (worrying) can't wait that long.  Please help!  Thank you, Bob
Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
0