Lesion/sore and smelly substance under foreskin
About a week ago, I noticed an unpleasant smell during masturbation, as well as a very small amount of stringy green-yellow stuff under my foreskin (I'm not circumcised). I determined that this substance was the cause of the odor.

This morning, I pulled back the foreskin completely (kind of uncomfortable, so not something I do a lot) and noticed a 1/4" lesion/sore on the inside of my rolled-back foreskin.  There was a large glob of the yellow stringy substance attached loosely to the edge of the lesion, almost like it had been a scab at some point.  I removed most of the large piece, but there are still small bits remaining.

There's no pain when I urinate, although there's very mild pain when I masturbate, so I think I'll knock that off until this is all cleared up.

I have not been sexually active in any way for 6 months (sigh) and the last girl I was with was completely clean. No injuries or illnesses, and no changes in any of my regular routines.

Never had anything like this happen in the past.  Planning to see a doctor very soon, but must wait for insurance to kick in at my new job.

Thanks for your help. I can post pics if necessary.
I cannot confirm without examination but the symptoms that you are having are due to balanitis of the penis.It is an inflammation of the glans penis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed.In addition,pls don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Thank you so much for your advice--I really appreciate it.

One more quick question: I'm going to be leaving town today for about 10 days. Can the doctor's appointment wait until I get back or should I get help while I'm away?