Urology Expert Forum
Leukocytes in semen
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Leukocytes in semen

I am 42 years old The left testicles is 3*2.5*2.5, and the right is 4.5*3*2.5 cm3. The scrotum is not so big, and the testicules can be next to the body when shrinked.

I did a semen test and there were big amount of Leukocytes (100) forming lines, and no sperm was found, The Epididymis are big and hard. Do you have an idea about the problem.
Related Discussions
1760309_tn?1316457297
Dear tarektarek,

You have mentioned that you are suffering from azoospermia (no sperms) with lots of leukocytes.

In general, presence of large number of leukocytes indicates infection / inflammation and absence of sperms in the semen indicates that there might be an obstruction in the tract between testes and epididymis or ejaculatory duct.

It’s difficult to tell the exact nature of the condition and treatment options without further evaluation. Some tests that would be helpful are a repeat semen analysis after 3 days of abstinence, ultrasound of scrotum and color doppler study of the scrotal  vessels. I suggest you to consult a competent urologist for a physical examination and investigations.  I’d be happy  to follow-up with you. If you get these tests done, you can let me know the results so that I can help you better.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards
Dr. Chandan Choudhary
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers