Urology Community
Long term skin damage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Long term skin damage

I'm 18, and the bottom of my penis has a line of darker (and seemingly thinner) skin running from my head to scrotum. The skin is less noticeable when erect, but still it's a large scar and a large dark line that's very noticeable when flacid. I can't remember how long it's been there, though I think it's probably been developing since I started masturbating (around 12).

Basically, it's damaged skin and I fear it's at a point where any chance of healing is long gone. It's really been there for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure, but I feel like it's only gotten worse; I worry that each time I get an erection it stretches it, or rather, it is already too stretched and ruined to ever go away.

I always hoped it would dissappear, but nope. Is there anything that can be applied to it, even to make it slightly less noticeable? I figure it will have that shape/mark forever now, but I'd like to try anything possible.

I've also searched alot and can't find anybody in the same boat, and everybody claims penis skin damage heals quickly which this certainly hasn't. I'm certain it's not an std, because it has existed for a long time.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The skin of penis is very delicate and anything should be used with caution on this part of the genitalia. For this dark pigmentation, if it is not causing any discomfort or symptom then it should be left as such. Otherwise for such dark pigmentation which has been present for such a long time, Skin resurfacing using lasers is a good option.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I think laser skin resurfacing may be in order, though I suppose I'll have to get the nerves to go get it checked out soon.

How long does that surgery get in the way of a sex life? I was always under the impression that plastic surgery was only for show, but actually didn't work naturally? Would the penis skin still be able to expand/work properly? I google searched this, as it's not something I'd ever heard of, and found nothing regarding penises, only faces.

How long would I be out of commission were I to do that surgery? Would it be entirely safe?
I decided to go and get it looked at.

My lifelong doctor told me it's nothing - that it's just the pigmentation unique to my penis, and that there's nothing abnormal with it (and that she'd seen many penises so her frame of reference is quite expansive.).

So I guess I was indeed just over worrying. I'm glad i got it checked though, I'll be able to rest easier tonight.

Thank you, J Singh, for responding to my questions and finally getting me to get it looked at.