Urology Expert Forum
Low Testosterone
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low Testosterone

i am 36 yr old male and have low testosterone (my free are 36.0 and my total testosterone were in low 300s). i was tested at 2pm in the afternoon!?! in the last two months, i have had hot flashes, night sweats, low energy, fatigue, my vision seems to have gotten a bit worse, and my feet/toes get very cold, i also feel a bit light headed or like i am in a fog. i also think my libido is lower but this could be from stress.  i can get an erection and ejaculate but it isn't as fulfilling when i climax.  my glucose is 91, i am hiv-, i tested negative for ANA and anti DNA ( i thought i may have had lupus).  I am seeing endocrynologist who would like me to try testosterone shots for 3 months and see how i do.  what are your thoughts on my condition.  i am concerned because the endo said the cold feet and vision issues are unlikely related to low testosterone and she said my cold feet "could" be raynaurds syndrome which is also unrelated. I guess i was curious if you think my symptoms will be helped with TRT and if you think it is odd that i would possibly develop raynaurds at the same time i get low testosterone. could my low testosterone be a result of a bigger problem/disease/condition? could cold feet and vision changes simply be from low testosterone fyi...endo said hypogonadism is not from brain and we are waiting on results of chromosone testing. she thinks it's primary hypogonadism.  I had a benign cyst near my testicles that disappeared around the time i starting feeling sick...is there a possibility this could have reattached somewhere else to create a blockage of testosterone? i can't figure out why my levels have dropped all of the sudden.

If you were me, what tests or questions should i ask my dr?