Urology Community
Low hanging testicles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Low hanging testicles

I wouldn't call it a problem, I was wondering if there's a way to make someone's testicles hang lower by surgically means,     I've googled this and couldn't find anything on this topic, I know there's something called the cremaster muscle which causes the cremasteric reflex to happen and pull up the scrotum and testicles which is at the same time controlled by some nerves, well, I may be wrong about this, I'm not the expert, is there any way to stop this reflex and therefore always having low hanging testicles? What would the side effects be if there was no cremasteric reflex? I know there's some weights you can put around your testicles but I'm not definitely into that, I'm wondering if there's a surgical and safe way to achieve low hanging testicles, by the way I'm not interested in having children whatsoever so that's not a concern, thanks in advance.
Hi I'm not sure if there is a surgery that is specific for that. There is a surgery for boys with undescended testicles. The problem with this is that the testicle is than fixed inside the scrotum.

About 10 years ago, I had surgery to remove a hematoma in the left hemi scrotum. As a result of this my left testicle seemed to be attached to the side of the scrotum. I wanted to get this corrected but the surgeon told me that I might loose the testicle as a result of the surgery. A year later I ended up with an infection in the left testicle and I ended up having an emergency orchiectomy to have the testicle removed.

Be glad with what you have, you are best off to leave it alone.

All the best.

Ron
I don’t think you need to worry much on that count. The variations in the position of the testes are common due to the changes in the temperature. In summers, it’s very common for the testes to hang quite low due to the higher temperatures as the temperature of the testes has to be maintained lower than the body temperature so that the viability of the sperms is kept. But if it is persistent and there is any enlargement of scrotal sacs then the possibility of hydrocele has to be ruled out. Low hanging testicles are not generally considered a medical or surgical issue and there is no generally accepted surgical treatment. Fixing this surgically is likely to cause more problems with decreased blood flow, pain and scarring. Try wearing athletic supports or briefs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you guys for your comments, I'd like to change the appeareance of my testicles but if not possible it's not gonna be the end of the world, I still wanna know if there's a way to achieve this, I've been emailing some surgeons who might have the answer to this question, whether safictory or not, I'll still post it on here.