Urology Community
Lower back pain above buttock....please help :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi. Since Novemeber Ive been experiencing a stabbing pain in my lower back on the left side right above my buttock. My GP said I had a kidney infection and possibly kidney stones.He also sent me for a CT which came back with no negative results. A few weeks later after haveing been on and finished my antibiotics the pain returned. The pain was so bad I went to the ER to be told I had a UTI (although my abdomen hurts after about a week of dealing with the pain and discomfurt, urinateing does not. Ive gone through this cycle aproximatley 7-8 times now, my GP says I have Kidney stones, and the ER DRs say I have UTI/Bladder infections. The last ER visit I was given 21days of bactrium DS, and  2 days after finishing the Bactrium I went To a Urologist, he looked at my 2 Cat Scans, and my Ultrasounds, took a urine sample, told me there was white blood cells in it (the usual), and for the first time in all my DRs visits sent it out for a culture. He told me he feels Ive been given the go around because no ones ever cultured my urine, they just give me pain pills and antibiotics, and that he feels its a skeletal problem. The culture came back fine, (probably after 21days of bactrium, no infection), but in the past few days my pain has returned. I have an appointment with a Physical Therapist in a week, but the pain is so horrid its radiatiing down my left leg, and im absolutley miserable. When I need to use the restroom I can tell because the pain intensifies horribly until ive relieved myself, although it doesnt cause a burning during, more of a pain from the pressure. On a side note 2years ago I had an infection on my leg that turned out to be mrsa. Ive  had no outbreaks since, and i mentioned it to my urologist to see if he thought i could have mrsa in the urine, (my moms a nurse and she thinks thats what it is.) and he said that that wouldnt be the case. I do know bactriums what cured the infection, and almost evry visit thats what ive been prescribed. If anyone has any ideas, or helpful insight I'd really appriciate it, Im in a branch of the service, and so its a small selection of Drs we get to see (obviously), and Id really like to get this overwith. Thanks for your time.
Tags: Urology