Urology Community
Lower back pain above buttock....please help :)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lower back pain above buttock....please help :)

Hi. Since Novemeber Ive been experiencing a stabbing pain in my lower back on the left side right above my buttock. My GP said I had a kidney infection and possibly kidney stones.He also sent me for a CT which came back with no negative results. A few weeks later after haveing been on and finished my antibiotics the pain returned. The pain was so bad I went to the ER to be told I had a UTI (although my abdomen hurts after about a week of dealing with the pain and discomfurt, urinateing does not. Ive gone through this cycle aproximatley 7-8 times now, my GP says I have Kidney stones, and the ER DRs say I have UTI/Bladder infections. The last ER visit I was given 21days of bactrium DS, and  2 days after finishing the Bactrium I went To a Urologist, he looked at my 2 Cat Scans, and my Ultrasounds, took a urine sample, told me there was white blood cells in it (the usual), and for the first time in all my DRs visits sent it out for a culture. He told me he feels Ive been given the go around because no ones ever cultured my urine, they just give me pain pills and antibiotics, and that he feels its a skeletal problem. The culture came back fine, (probably after 21days of bactrium, no infection), but in the past few days my pain has returned. I have an appointment with a Physical Therapist in a week, but the pain is so horrid its radiatiing down my left leg, and im absolutley miserable. When I need to use the restroom I can tell because the pain intensifies horribly until ive relieved myself, although it doesnt cause a burning during, more of a pain from the pressure. On a side note 2years ago I had an infection on my leg that turned out to be mrsa. Ive  had no outbreaks since, and i mentioned it to my urologist to see if he thought i could have mrsa in the urine, (my moms a nurse and she thinks thats what it is.) and he said that that wouldnt be the case. I do know bactriums what cured the infection, and almost evry visit thats what ive been prescribed. If anyone has any ideas, or helpful insight I'd really appriciate it, Im in a branch of the service, and so its a small selection of Drs we get to see (obviously), and Id really like to get this overwith. Thanks for your time.
Tags: Urology