Lower back pain on left hand side
Hi All,
          For the last 2 weeks Ive had pain in lower back on the left hand side.
The pain is more of an ache and only usually is noticable when i lean over or
move in a certain position/ breathe in in a certain position.
I seen to always come up with Kidney problems when i search this type of pain,
although should this not get worse over 2 weeks?
Does anyone know if Kidney problems can cause pain this way and if this is
the most likely cause of my pain?.

Chris
for the last 3 weeks i have a pain in the lower back on the left hand side.  The pain gets worse when i sit down but doesnt hurt at all when i am laid flat.  
I have had no injury at all and the pain which is a painful ache is getting worse.
The only thing i can find is Sciatica but i have no shooting pains down my legs and i believe that it is not.
Can anyone help?
Sharon
i am having the same problems- My doctor has gave me bruffin co codomol and diazapan as a muscle relaxant- I dont know what brought this on I have had niggles before but never as serve I have had it now for five days and it is agony to stand up bend over or to drive the car- anyone any ideas what this is
maggie
For pain due to the kidneys in that region, it is usually painful if even lightly tapped in that area. I have had numerous kidney infections with that typicle pain. Most of the times I used to have fevers and felt generally ill, sick.
I don't know about any other kidney problems that cause pain other than kidney stones, that pain usually migrates.

Good luck,

Ron