Urology Community
Lower back pain on left hand side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Lower back pain on left hand side

Hi All,
          For the last 2 weeks Ive had pain in lower back on the left hand side.
The pain is more of an ache and only usually is noticable when i lean over or
move in a certain position/ breathe in in a certain position.
I seen to always come up with Kidney problems when i search this type of pain,
although should this not get worse over 2 weeks?
Does anyone know if Kidney problems can cause pain this way and if this is
the most likely cause of my pain?.

Chris
for the last 3 weeks i have a pain in the lower back on the left hand side.  The pain gets worse when i sit down but doesnt hurt at all when i am laid flat.  
I have had no injury at all and the pain which is a painful ache is getting worse.
The only thing i can find is Sciatica but i have no shooting pains down my legs and i believe that it is not.
Can anyone help?
Sharon
i am having the same problems- My doctor has gave me bruffin co codomol and diazapan as a muscle relaxant- I dont know what brought this on I have had niggles before but never as serve I have had it now for five days and it is agony to stand up bend over or to drive the car- anyone any ideas what this is
maggie
For pain due to the kidneys in that region, it is usually painful if even lightly tapped in that area. I have had numerous kidney infections with that typicle pain. Most of the times I used to have fevers and felt generally ill, sick.
I don't know about any other kidney problems that cause pain other than kidney stones, that pain usually migrates.

Good luck,

Ron