Urology Expert Forum
Lowered testicle after hernia surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lowered testicle after hernia surgery

I recently had left inguinal hernia repair surgery and noticed my left testicle is hanging much lower and back a bit as if it is just hanging in the scrotum without anything attached to it.  This testicle is not moving up or down with hot/cold like my right testicle is.  It has been 8 days since my surgery and i still have alot of swelling and numbness in my left inner thigh.  Now that i am up and able to walk around, this testicle  is interferring with my walking as it slaps my inner thigh and i have the slight feeling of discomfort as if you were hit in the testicles.  To say the least i am very concerned about this.  Is this something that will be perminent?  Will my testicle get the ability to move up and down like before the surgery?  I am also concerned if it will produce sperm?  If this is a permanent side effect of the hernia surgery is there any type of surgery to repair this?  This concerns me because i like to play sports and i am very active which is why i opted for the hernia surgery in the first place and the way i feel now is very uncomfortable.  I just hope i havent traded one problem for another...thanks for any answers and help you can give me, thanks.