Urology Community
Lump In Penis and Slight Aching Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Lump In Penis and Slight Aching Pain

I've had a small lump in the shaft of my penis (located in the middle of my penis but nearer to the base of the shaft) for about 12 years now. The lump is about the size of a large pea. I did see a Urologist in 2002 who wasn't too sure what it was but did mention the possibility of Peyronies Disease. He also found a small epidermal cyst and the presence of some varicoules. The lump hasn't really caused me any noticeable pain or discomfort so i've left it as it was. However, recently, within the previous month or two, I have noticed that my penis frequently gets itchy and can feel achy with a burning sensation. The aching and burning sensation usually occurs after I've had an erection, sex or if I've scratched it, but seems more constant recently. I am 30 years old and have had the same partner for 7 years so I don't think it is anything to do with an STD.  There does also seem to be some varicose veins in my penis too so whether the problem has anything to do with this I'm unsure. I have no discharge or anything like that and it just seems to be the aching and slight burning sensation. I'm quite worried as to what might be causing the pain as well as the nature of the lump as it seems to have got bigger over the years. I've read up on Peyronies Disease, but i don't seem to have the curvature of the penis and the lump is in the inside (middle) of my penis rather the the underside or top of the penis. Does my problem sound like Peyronies Disease or could it be something else, and if so, what could be causing the pain?