Urology Expert Forum
Lump around penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump around penis

I am 22 year old male, On Tuesday I noticed a lump, not on my penis or scrotum, but beside them kind of above my scrotum next to my penis in the ridge where my legs comes in, hope you understand that.    Its kind of hard and what has me worried is it have not much skin irritation around it..    A little medical history, I was developed cancer as a baby,  retinoblastoma, cancer of the eyes.    That why I am a little worried.   I have had jock itch in same area, but more on my actual leg, this is on the penis side.   Its directly across from the back top of my penis in the ridge part on my left side..   my skin has been pretty dry down there lately, and I just recently started using a tanning bed,  only used it 3 times, once a week for 3 weeks. 5mins, 10mins, 15mins.  Don
Related Discussions
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without seeing the lesion myself I cannot be sure what it is, but I give possibilities that you can ask your personal physician.  

One possibility would be enlarged lymph nodes.  The groin area, also known as the inguinal region, contains many lymph nodes.  Lymph nodes in this area enlarge most commonly due to lower extremity infection, cancer, or sexually transmitted diseases.  

Most enlarged lymph nodes can be observed for 3-4 weeks to see if they subside.  If not, then having a physician evaluate it is necessary to consider biopsy (taking a sample of the node to evaluate for cancer).  Your physician would also check for enlarged lymph nodes in your neck and axilla (armpit) region.  

Another possibility would be an abscess or skin infection.  If this is the case, then an abscess would need to be drained or infection treated with antibiotics.

At the very least, I would go to your local doctor for evalution and ask for an evaluation of the bump - it does not have to be a complete physical.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank