Lump at base of penis
A couple days ago I found a lump at the root of my penis (not on the penis or scotum itself). It's about the size of a pea and lodged underneath the skin. It does not hurt to urinate or during sexual activity. However, it does itch on occasion. I also found another smaller lump a few inches away in the same area. I am 30 years old, in good health and never had an STD.

Any idea what this might be? Should I be concerned? What should I do?

Side note - I lost an immediate family member to (lung) cancer five years ago.

Eagerly looking forward to a response.
Tough to say without examination.  Possibilities can include a folliculitis, lymph node, or infection.  More uncommonly, cancer can present that way.  

I would be evaluated by a physician.  If infection is present, it can be treated appropriately with antibiotics.  

If the diagnosis continues to be non-revealing, you can consider an ultrasound of the area for further diagnosis.

You can discuss this option with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a urology evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b