Urology Community
Lump in middle of Upper Left abdominal quadrent
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump in middle of Upper Left abdominal quadrent

I saw a lump on my upper left abdominal quadrant last night.  It is painless and soft.  I went to the doctor this morning and she said it could be related to exercise.  She asked me to take Ibuprofen for two weeks and come back for a checkup.  It did not make much sense to me.

Has anyone has a similar condition?  Please help.  I do not know how I am going to last 2 weeks.  I am freaking out.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I actually myself do not understand a lump occurring due to exercise. Possible causes of a soft lump include cysts, lipomas, inflammation secondary to trauma etc. You may follow your doctor’s advice and follow-up with a review after the specified time or consider a second opinion from another primary care physician and depending on the cause diagnosed it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
I did blood work and everything was normal.

I went for an ultrasound and there is a mass that is 2.75 cm long.  The radiologist said that it was not conclusive and I should get a CT Scan.

I lost 5 pounds in a month.  However, I have been under a lot of stress regarding this situation.  I lost my appetite but I force myself to eat. I do not sleep well.

I feel hot at night but I do not drench in sweat.

Other than that I do feel great.  I am a runner and I still run 3 miles a day.  I do not have swollen lymph nodes on neck, under arm, or groin. No shortness of breath.  I do not feel fatigue.  I do not have temperature.  My body does not itch.  I have excellent heart beat, Oxygen level and blood pressure.  

I am waiting for the authorization for the CT Scan.  I am worried sick.  If someone has any information.  Please help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...