Urology Community
Lump in middle of Upper Left abdominal quadrent

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I saw a lump on my upper left abdominal quadrant last night.  It is painless and soft.  I went to the doctor this morning and she said it could be related to exercise.  She asked me to take Ibuprofen for two weeks and come back for a checkup.  It did not make much sense to me.

Has anyone has a similar condition?  Please help.  I do not know how I am going to last 2 weeks.  I am freaking out.
Hi there!

I actually myself do not understand a lump occurring due to exercise. Possible causes of a soft lump include cysts, lipomas, inflammation secondary to trauma etc. You may follow your doctor’s advice and follow-up with a review after the specified time or consider a second opinion from another primary care physician and depending on the cause diagnosed it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I did blood work and everything was normal.

I went for an ultrasound and there is a mass that is 2.75 cm long.  The radiologist said that it was not conclusive and I should get a CT Scan.

I lost 5 pounds in a month.  However, I have been under a lot of stress regarding this situation.  I lost my appetite but I force myself to eat. I do not sleep well.

I feel hot at night but I do not drench in sweat.

Other than that I do feel great.  I am a runner and I still run 3 miles a day.  I do not have swollen lymph nodes on neck, under arm, or groin. No shortness of breath.  I do not feel fatigue.  I do not have temperature.  My body does not itch.  I have excellent heart beat, Oxygen level and blood pressure.  

I am waiting for the authorization for the CT Scan.  I am worried sick.  If someone has any information.  Please help.