Urology Community
Lump in the scrotum near the bottom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Lump in the scrotum near the bottom

Was up one night scratching my balls and felt a ball shaped lump the size of 5-6 mm near the base of my scrotum. It is not on my testes but what could this lump be? I have had the clap back in 1992 and a venereal wart in 2000 but nothing else other than those two things.

Its based right on the skin (inside) and I need some advice plz
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Lumps in the scrotal skin could likely be sebaceous cysts also known as epidermal cysts.

These are a collection of sloughed off cells and other such debris and do not cause any over symptom unless they become infected. A single cyst may not require any intervention if it is not causing any discomfort. Individuals with infected sebaceous cysts will require active intervention in the form of excision of the cyst and antibiotic therapy.

Just ensure that you maintain hygiene and keep the scrotal skin dry. This may require that you wear loose-fitting underwear, if residing in a humid environment.
You can also consult a urologist for further evaluation if you plan on having the cyst removed.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
thank you very much Dr Mathews..I think I can live with it for the meantime but I will see a doctor soon.

DL