Urology Community
Lump on pubic area with pain in left side.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hey,

Have been getting pain normally in my left side just above the groin area for about 1 month now. It comes and goes sometimes it can be quite painful and other times its just a bit annoying. Sometimes the pain then moves across to the right side and again in can be painful or not but it is never as bad as the left side. The other day I noticed a lump on my pubic area it seems to be quite red underneath the skin but appears only slightly red on the surface. It hurts to touch and when I get up from a set or something I can feel it. As with any lump I am very concerned. Would appreciate any comments on what you lot think it is as I cant get an appointment with my doctor for another fortnight.

Many Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Such a lump can be a boil(infected hair follicle),swollen lymph node or an inguinal hernia.

An inguinal hernia is a protrusion of abdominal-cavity contents through the inguinal canal.It present as bulge in the groin area that can become painful or more prominent when coughing, straining, or standing up.I would suggest you to consult a urologist and get it evauated.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.