Urology Community
Lump penis shaft
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Lump penis shaft

about 5 years ago I noticed a small lump under my penis, along the shaft. It's very small, kind of semi hard but  I can move it slightly from side to side. My GP told me it was a protruding vein. I recently started thinking about it again, could veins be hard? Is it easy to distinguish between this and other lumps, such as tumours?

Thanks for your help
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,cyst or thrombosed lymphatic vessel. Although less likely but Mondor’s disease has to be ruled out.

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a urologist. Doppler ultrasound may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Dr Singh,

Can you tell from the description below and the pics on my profile in other post that I made as to what is wrong with my friend?

Thanks for any help that you can give!!!

My friend has a soft, bubble like bulge on the shaft of his penis.  It is located at the top of his shaft, on the left side directly under the head of his penis.  It is about the size of a pinky fingernail.  The bulge is only visible during an erection.  The bulge is skin colored and he has not experienced any pain or discomfort other than the stress of not knowing what this is.  He says that the bulge is soft and feels similar to the feel of a vein when touched,  In the four days that he has had this there has been no change in size, texture or color.

He went to a urologist today, but the urologist could not seeing anything while he was flaccid.   The urologist told him that his urine looked ok and told him to take aspirin and use cortisone cream.  I asked him why he did not make his penis erect for the exam and he said that he is so stressed over this that the only time he is hard now is in the morning.

He is 30 years old.  He had protected sex with 5 women before he married his wife and had unprotected sex with his wife for 8 years.  Recently he had unprotected sex with a girl that he has been seeing for the past couple of months.  The girl he was with had been in a monogamous relationship for 16 years and had recently been tested negative for all STD’s  and had not had sex with anyone since being tested.  She also retested after his bulge appeared and she was once again cleared of all STD’s.  They had unprotected sexy 5 days and 3 days before he woke up to see this bulge.  The night before the bulge appeared he went to a strip club and received several lap dances of vigorous grinding.  The night before and several times during the week before the bulge he had masturbated frequently.

I have been searching for information on this matter for several days and can not come up with anything conclusive.  I also sent a copy of the pictures to my friend who is a general Doctor in another state and he was not sure either.  He said that it is possible that it is any of the things that I have narrowed it down to.  From my research some of the possibilities include : Lymphocele, Sclerosing lymphangitis, Thrombosed vein, Varicose Vein and fibrous tissue.  Most research has suggested the underlying cause could be due to some kind of sexual trauma, aggressive sex/masterbation or overuse.  

I am including a picture of the bulge on his penis.  It is very hard to see the bulge in the picture, but I found another picture on this site that he says looks exactly like what he has.  The guy that posted the other picture says that he had thought that he had a lymphocyle, but 2 doctors have said that is not the case.  He was told that his was some kind of fibrous tissue.  Has anyone other there ever seen anything like this and if so do you know what it is or how you get it?  Also, it has been hard to find any pictures other than STD’s.  Does anyone know of any sites of where I can find more pictures of things like this?

Thank you so very much for any help that you can give!!!
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Top Urology Answerers
United Kingdom