Urology Community
Lump vs. Epydidimis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Lump vs. Epydidimis

Recently I found a small but slightly hard lump on the bottom of my testicle near the end of the epydidimis. I am not sure if this is part of the anatomy or not. Sometimes it is very easy to feel and other times I cannot feel it. Also on my other testicle it feels as though I have a thin tube on the side of my testicle and a sort of cluster of them at the bottom. I did some research and thought that it maybe could be varicocele but I wasn't sure. I am planning on going to the doctor but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Lumps in the scrotal area may suggest a varicocele, hydrocele, a testicular lump, or it may be palpable normal structures. Any lump  in the area require further evaluation and you may need a scrotal ultrasound for this. I suggest that you have this assessed by a urologist so that a complete physical examination be done.

For the meantime a self testicular examination may be necessary to note any changes within the scrotal sac.