Urology Community
Lumps found in groin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Lumps found in groin

Hi there! About a year ago, I noticed a small lump in the top left portion of my scrotum. Initially I squeezed it thinking it was a zit of some sort. Nothing ever was discharged from it at that time and a year later it is still sitting there. I check it almost daily, but have not touched it with the exception of cleaning my groin in the shower. Since the first time I found it, nothing has ever discharged from it and it doesn't hurt in the least bit. It's about half of the size of a pea with no discolorations. I've let it be since now, thinking it would go away on it's own.

About 6 months ago, I found another lump between my thigh and my scrotum on the right side of my scrotum. This lump is approximately the size of a pea. Again, initially I lightly squeezed it to see if there was any discharge, but there was none. From time to time, this particular lump will hurt, if not my entire abdomen. The pain is sharp in my groin, and will only last about 10 seconds. It feels as though someone kicked me in the groin. The pain of the lump, however, aches more than anything and won't last long either.

I have an appointment with a Urologist here in Brooklyn, but I was hoping to get some input prior to my visit with him. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I neglected to mention that I am also a 20 year old college student, clean of STDs as far as I know (I've always had protected sex) and bathe myself daily.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Lumps in the groin and scrotum can occur at any age. Common causes include: allergic reaction, drug reaction, enlarged lymph glands in the groin area, hernia, infection, injury trauma to the groin area or sexually transmitted disease.  With the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, It would be best to see your doctor for a clinical assessment. This link may be helpful:
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/003100.htm

Take care and keep us posted on your appointment with the urologist.
I haven't noticed any other significant symptoms, other than feeling extremely tired for the past month or so (though that may be just from day to day activities). Neither of the lumps itch, though the one between my thigh and scrotum is usually red. Both lumps are extremely hard.

I haven't been on any medications for some time... the last medication I was on was penicillin for a strep throat I had in April. I haven't experienced any trauma to the groin area that I'm aware of. I was checked for sexually transmitted diseases about a year ago and haven't had intercourse for about a year.

Thank you for the website. I'm going to visit it after sending this comment. I'll be sure to keep you posted after I see the urologist! Thank you again!
Hi there! I just saw the urologist and he said it's nothing to worry about. He never told me what he thought the lumps were, but he said if they appear to get worse to see a dermatologist he recommended. Phew! Thanks for all your help, by the way!