MRI for diagnosis of urethral stricture
3 months ago I had HoLAP with good results.However gradually my frequency increased, my urine stream became weaker,I could not completely empty my bladder and I  have experienced pain in a suprapubic area following urination.
Urine culture was negative.
These symptoms and the sequence of events may indicate  a urethral stricture.
Paradoxically,in order to determine whether it is the case, cystoscopy and/or a retrograde urogram should be performed.
Both of these procedure may further damage my urethra and make my symptoms worse.
Also,if the condition required a urethroplasty it would postpone this procedure since it should be performed not earlier than 3 months after the last catheterization.
Considering the above would it be possible to have MRI of my urethra instead of these other more invasive procedures?

This discussion is related to Possible bladder neck restrictions caused by scarring after TURP.