Urology Community
Masterbation!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Masterbation!

hello All!
I'm a 23 year-old male, I've been masterbating (masturbating) for over five years, between 3~4 times a week.
I started to get worried about my sexual health in the future, and how harmful masterbation (masturbation) is.
All reviews i read about this topic states that such an act is healthy and needed for human body , especially the release of the sperm, I also read that its normal to do it between 2~3 times a day, but not exceed 8 times a day.
As a result, I'm now suffering severe lower back pain , muscles ache and headache sometimes. My body has became very weak, I cant even exercise.
I'm trying to drop this habit, Insted of masterbating (masturbating) 4 times a week, now i do it only two times. But I couldn't stop it.
I visited my doctor and i told him about my symptoms , he ordered some blood test and found out that vitamine D and C are very low. he says the reason why i have pain all over my body is vitamine D.
I was ashamed to tell the doctor the truth.
What is excactly going on in my body as a result of this habit, and how should I treat my body,?
Should i go to visit the doctor once again and explain everything out?, and what kind of medicine I should take for the lower back pain, weakness , muscles pain, joint pain?
I want to have my health back!
thanks

This discussion is related to long term injury/pain from masterbation (masturbation). .
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I understand that this is quite a sensitive topic and it my not be easy for you to readily share this. However, masturbation as seen medically may have its own advantages. It allows the prostate to "decongest" so to speak and may also prevent prostatic swelling and inflammation as in nonbacterial chronic prostatitis .This condition may be noted as discomfort in the groin area and problems with urination and sexual response in the absence of an underlying infection.

Musculoskeletal and arthritic pains should also be considered here. Do you engage in any strenuous activities or exercises?

Psychological and emotional components should also be looked into.I know it is quite uncomfortable sharing these with someone but seek help from a professional who may guide you in curbing masturbation. An emotional component may be involved here and your symptoms may be somatic manifestations of such.

These are just differentials to guide you. Do keep us posted for anything.
If anyone was to tell you that masturbation helps your prostate, yeah it does but if your prostate really needs to get out some of those semen it would do that through wet dreams.
So you still wouldn't have anything to worry about by not masturbating.