Masturbation after urethral stricture surgery?
I am 20 years old and recently had to go in for surgery for a urethral stricture a week ago today (1/5/10). I have found the recovery to be more annoying than painful. I recently became nervous about my reproductive system due to the surgery, as im sure most males my age would be, and decided that i felt healed enough to masturbate. When i ejaculated i felt fine but my semen was a little bloody which concerned me. But afterwards i felt intense burning pain underneath my scrotum. I went to sleep and the pain eventually went away but this morning i woke up, urinated as usual with no pain or discoloration. Directly after i urinated a good amount of blood/clotted blood came out with any pain for about 10 minutes on and off. The bleeding has stopped for now but I am just concerned how long should i wait until i can masturbate/have sex after this operation? I have searched the internet with no luck on obtaining any kind of info about this. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
hey rancidrabbit, i'm sorry i dont have the answer to that, I actually do have a question.. i'm 21 years old and my doctor told me that i have to get a surgery too. i'm just very afraid that it's going to affect my carreer. Does it take long to recover? and yeah i'm worried about the sex-situation too.
Basically, there are 2 kinds of complications which have been reported with the urethral stricture repair. During the early post-operative period, it’s the bleeding whereas during the later period it’s the recurrence of the stricture. Hence, I’ll suggest you to avoid masturbating as the urethroplasty take at least 4-6 weeks to heal. I’ll suggest you to discuss the same with the treating urologist and avoid masturbating for the next 3-4 weeks and preferably drinking plenty of fluids so that the clot does not form at the stricture site. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
hey check your inbox