Urology Community
Masturbation after urethral stricture surgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am 20 years old and recently had to go in for surgery for a urethral stricture a week ago today (1/5/10). I have found the recovery to be more annoying than painful. I recently became nervous about my reproductive system due to the surgery, as im sure most males my age would be, and decided that i felt healed enough to masturbate. When i ejaculated i felt fine but my semen was a little bloody which concerned me. But afterwards i felt intense burning pain underneath my scrotum. I went to sleep and the pain eventually went away but this morning i woke up, urinated as usual with no pain or discoloration. Directly after i urinated a good amount of blood/clotted blood came out with any pain for about 10 minutes on and off. The bleeding has stopped for now but I am just concerned how long should i wait until i can masturbate/have sex after this operation? I have searched the internet with no luck on obtaining any kind of info about this. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
hey rancidrabbit, i'm sorry i dont have the answer to that, I actually do have a question.. i'm 21 years old and my doctor told me that i have to get a surgery too. i'm just very afraid that it's going to affect my carreer. Does it take long to recover? and yeah i'm worried about the sex-situation too.
Basically, there are 2 kinds of complications which have been reported with the urethral stricture repair. During the early post-operative period, it’s the bleeding whereas during the later period it’s the recurrence of the stricture. Hence, I’ll suggest you to avoid masturbating as the urethroplasty take at least 4-6 weeks to heal. I’ll suggest you to discuss the same with the treating urologist and avoid masturbating for the next 3-4 weeks and preferably drinking plenty of fluids so that the clot does not form at the stricture site. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
hey check your inbox