Urology Community
Masturbation after urethral stricture surgery?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Masturbation after urethral stricture surgery?

I am 20 years old and recently had to go in for surgery for a urethral stricture a week ago today (1/5/10). I have found the recovery to be more annoying than painful. I recently became nervous about my reproductive system due to the surgery, as im sure most males my age would be, and decided that i felt healed enough to masturbate. When i ejaculated i felt fine but my semen was a little bloody which concerned me. But afterwards i felt intense burning pain underneath my scrotum. I went to sleep and the pain eventually went away but this morning i woke up, urinated as usual with no pain or discoloration. Directly after i urinated a good amount of blood/clotted blood came out with any pain for about 10 minutes on and off. The bleeding has stopped for now but I am just concerned how long should i wait until i can masturbate/have sex after this operation? I have searched the internet with no luck on obtaining any kind of info about this. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hey rancidrabbit, i'm sorry i dont have the answer to that, I actually do have a question.. i'm 21 years old and my doctor told me that i have to get a surgery too. i'm just very afraid that it's going to affect my carreer. Does it take long to recover? and yeah i'm worried about the sex-situation too.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hi,
Basically, there are 2 kinds of complications which have been reported with the urethral stricture repair. During the early post-operative period, it’s the bleeding whereas during the later period it’s the recurrence of the stricture. Hence, I’ll suggest you to avoid masturbating as the urethroplasty take at least 4-6 weeks to heal. I’ll suggest you to discuss the same with the treating urologist and avoid masturbating for the next 3-4 weeks and preferably drinking plenty of fluids so that the clot does not form at the stricture site. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Blank
hey check your inbox
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703