Urology Expert Forum
Meatus Size

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Meatus Size

Hello.  I am a healthy 31 year old male, no STDs, and I am circumsized.  Currently not seeing anyone and thus not very sexually active.  I have noticed, maybe over the past year or so, that the penis hole/meatus) may be a little large than I remember.  I don't think it is tearing as there is no redness, no irritation, and no pain.  I don't know what a normal range would be for the size of a meatus, I would say mine is a little more than 1/4 of an inch, but I have noticed that sometimes either side of the hole, the skin may get pulled a little on underwear or during sexual activity.  

I was wondering what your thoughts were?  Is this something that can happen with circumsized men due to the the meatus and for that fact the glans (glands) being exposed?

Thank you
If anything, the urethral meatus may get smaller with time due to inflammation ("meatitis"). This is not uncommon in circumcised babies. Geting larger without any history of urethral trauma (particularly catheterizatation) is not a concern that has been brought to my attention in the past.
There is no problem that I can think of related to dilatation of the meatus unless there is a marked size increase, and then we are talking about the caliber and, possibly, the force of your stream.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
If the hole has gotten bigger, it has gotten bigger towards the frenulum.  I saw a few other posts with the same sort of question, but they did not post to the doctor forum so there are no answers.   Thanks
I found questions similar to the above in the unmonitored forum section also, but no one responded.  Seems to be something that is not unheard of perhaps?