Meatus abnormality
Hi, for a couple of months now I found something on the tip of my penis (I'm not sure if it was always there).

Basically, next to the urethral opening, on the right side, there is a sometimes vertical, sometimes rounded area slightly darker (reddish, I'd say more pinkish actually) than the rest. The reason I noticed it is that it contrasts with the rest of the glans.

Now the weird part: it's most visible under white, clear light (like a window); if I move under artificial light (bulb), it seems to disappear. It's also most noticeable when the penis is wet (water or urine) but less when dry or erect.

There is no pain, no blood, no itch, no nothing. When you look closely, you can see the skin is smooth, both on this and area and outside of it, but you can notice that in the point in which it transitions, there the skin is "engraved".

I am a conscious hypochondriac, in the sense that I've learn to not worry about stuff like this, but this is bugging me. Do you think it's serious and deserves a visit to the doctor?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description and physical examination, it would be difficult to say what the discolouation could be due to. A few possible causes that may need to be considered include melanoma, fordyce spot, angiokeratoma, flat wart, erythroplasia of querat (reddish appearing) etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!