Urology Expert Forum
Medullary Sponge Kidney
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Medullary Sponge Kidney

Hi, I am 30yrs,female,live in New Zealand and was diagnosed with MSK 5 years ago. I have both kidneys filled with calcium phosphate stones. 1 yr ago my lft ureter filled with stones and since then  have had 6 surgeries to remove them, during this time I had a nephrostomy tube to drain the kidney. During the last one my nephrostomy was removed and a stent inserted. Since that time my ureter has filled again with stones compromising the drainage of the stent. 2 weeks ago I had surgery where my urologist cut into the top of my kidney and started to remove stones from the kidney itself. He didn't get very far and is unsure where to go from here at the moment he is considering open surgery where he would remove all the stones at once rather than doing it piecemeal as planned. I currently have a second nephrostomy tube. Do you have any suggestions on what treatment would be best.  I have always drunk heaps of water and avoided salt my whole life.