Urology Expert Forum
Medullary Sponge Kidney
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medullary Sponge Kidney

Posted By KWT on June 10, 1999 at 12:05:28
I have been diagnosed with Medullary Sponge Kidneys with that X-ray where they inject the dye into your system.  Though I have never seen a stone that I have passed, I have had pain that starts in the back, and moves to the groin area about every 6 months lasting a month or 2.  My doctor told me to try to lay off chocolate, Cokes, and to take in lots of water and calcium.  Everything I have read about stones says to slow down Calcium intake.  Should I take in calcium or not?  I have never really liked milk or taken supplements, so my calcium is probably low already.  Also is there any medication I can take to slow down the formation of Kidney stones that are due to MSK.  Lastly I also had an Osteoid Osteoma, or "Bone Island" in the X-ray.  This was on the diagnosis, but my doctor told me he knew nothing about what that was.  I found some Information on the internet about it, and it poses me little threat.  I was wondering if this was due to the MSK as well, and is this a sign of Nephrocalcinosis?
Thank you

Follow Ups:

Re: Medullary Sponge Kidney HFHS M.D.-BE 6/29/1999
(0)

Re: Medullary Sponge Kidney Follow up??? 6/15/1999
(0)