Urology Expert Forum
Microhematuria
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Microhematuria

I am a 31-year old female and have had microhematuria indicated with every and all UA.  I have recently made an effort to learn the cause.

I was referred to a urologist and he did an IVP and cytoscopy.  The IVP revealed unilateral renal agenesis (enlarged as expected for a single, but no other issues).  The cytoscope test revealed pseudomembranous trigonitis in the bladder neck.

My father, uncle and cousin have hereditary nephritis (which we thought to only affect males).  However, my aunt also has microhematuria, but has not had any further testing.

The past year or so my blood pressure has been a bit high.  I don't drink, smoke, and I eat well and exercise.  I am not overweight.

My urologist mentioned referral to a nephrologist, but he waivers on being very concerned to not too concerned for further testing.

Should I press my Dr. (urologist and/or nephrologist) to continue tests to find the root cause of my microhematuria?  Or if they are not too concerned and just want to monitor, should I not worry?

Thank you