Urology Expert Forum
Midurethral sling surgery for stress incontinence a month ago, now a f...

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Midurethral sling surgery for stress incontinence a month ago, now a few questions.
I had a midurethral sling for stress incontinence a month ago and have had no leakages with sneeze, cough, etc.  But my stream is still a little slow, sometimes slow in starting the stream, but the stream will be more forceful if I flex my pelvic muscles (such as which I learned when I had to take PT for SI).  My urologist told me not to strain much yet, and I don
It is difficult to say without examination.  The discharge can be either vaginal discharge or urine.  

If there continues to be urinary incontinence, urodynamic studies can be considered, as well as a follow-up with your urologist who performed the surgery.

However, if there is evidence of vaginal discharge, a pelvic exam needs to be performed as well as an evaluation by a gynecologist.  

The source of the discharge should be evaluated and the aforementioned options considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_