Urology Community
Mild pain after accidentally pulling right testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I was checking my right testicle and gave it small tug to see why it was less descended than my right testicle about 10 hours ago. I felt mild pain since then. Do you think I pulled the cremaster muscle, should the pain go away soon? What should I do? Thanks
Avatar dr f tn

Just observe if the pain  progresses or disappears. However, for any of the following:

Swelling of the testicles or scrotum

Rapid progression in the severity of the pain

Any change in urinary character( darker urine, blood in urine)

Pain in urination

Difficulty in urination

Problems with erection or pain in ejaculation

Then an immediate consult is necessary.

If the pain persists, it is best to consult a urologist for a complete asssessment. Avoid manipulating the area. Analgesics may be able to help with the pain.However, watch out for any signs mentioned above.

Keep us posted.

Avatar n tn
Well, the pain hasn't really gotten worse at all, it just remains in the right testicular region and upper right leg. maybe this is due to a pulled cremaster muscle, affecting the nerves in the area? No swelling, no pain during ejaculation or urination, everything seems normal, except the very mild (I wouldn't even call it a pain, but more like a slight discomfort) again, I believe it is a pulled cremaster muscle in the area and a little irritation to the surrounding nerves, do you think this is about right?
Avatar n tn
I just went to the doctor today and was checked for a hernia, it turns out I don't have a herina.

She said I have torn or sprained my Cremaster muscle.

I have an appointment with a Urologist in 2 weeks to look into this further.

This is really bothering me and wanted your opinion.

Here are the symptoms.
Great pain
Consistent pain
Pain sitting and walking
Erection problems
Testicles feel smaller and I have not felt them retract in a long time.

Should I be really concerned?

Does this take a while to heal and is there something the doctor can do.

Avatar dr f tn

During your consult was a testicular examination done?

Was there any associated scrotal or testicular pain?

After a thorough physical examination, your urologist may request for a pelvic and abdominal scan or a scrotal utrasound just to exclude involvement of nearby structures.A cremaster muscle involvement may be ascertained through physical examination.

At this point I can not exactly tell you how severe this condition is.If it is a sprain then it may eventually resolve in time given supportive and medical therapy. If it is ascertained that there is a tear present then surgical intervention may be necessary. I do not want to cause your further anxiety. The cremaster muscle is involved in protecting your testicles and in ensuring good quality sperm. You may discuss the implications of this type of injury with your urologist.

For now, your pain needs to be managed. Are you on any pain  medications?
Please help my right testicle feels really cold and it hurt at first but pain went down but at first my felt a tightness on my right leg idk if it has to do with anything but please help been going on for 2 days?!
which tests shows the tear in the cremaster muscle???? thank u in advance madam
I pulled my testis 8 months back.I got mild pain for 5 days and it gone..but after 2 months from the incident I got pain again I went to urologist and I did ultrasound scrotum and abdomen...i also did blood and urine test.all reports are normal.the pain gone after some medicines ..iam again getting pain in my testis now.I did colour Doppler also...but that is also normal and now aft I am experiencing low hanging of my testis