Urology Community
Mild testicle pain/discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Mild testicle pain/discomfort

Im curious as to if i need to seek immediate medical help or wait to see a doctor, or just let this one run its course... im 23 years old and 3 days ago i started to feel very slight pain in left testicle, i thought it was from lack of sexual contact, then 2 days ago the pain inscrease gradually, then yester day it was noticeable that its pain the the testicles and its very uncomforatable, I wouldnt say its severe because i can go about my daily functions, however, it tends to hurt more when I sit down.  sometimes the pain goes from the left one to the right testicle, they never hurt at the same time.  I tired some self examination and it doesnt seem to be lumps or anything for that manner, ive read articles on torosion and i dont think that is the cause considering it proly be too late for 1 and for 2 it was minor pain 3 days ago till now its just uncomfortable, im not sure what is going on, about a week ago i did some out of the ordinary over strenous activity
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Just a few questions:

Any history of trauma to the area?

Testicular pain may warrant further evaluation by a urologist. A complete physical examination is needed to rule out any palpable mass in the groin or scrotal area.

Is there any associated pain in other parts of the body? Low back or thighs?

Any pain in urination or change in the character of the urine?

A testicular ultrasound and urinalysis may be able to help rule out any localized problem within the testes or if there is involvement of the urinary tract.

Have you tried any medications to relieve the pan?

Keep us posted.Good luck!

No trauma to the area, there isnt pain when urinating at all, what I did notice last night is that the pain only gets worse if I actually touch them with my hand, if I leave them alone it seems to be significantly lesss painful, also at first there was pain in the high thigh region on the left side, however this has gone away, i did notice like a swollen vein running down the side of the scrotom last night as well, right now as i write this, there is mild very mild pain in the left testical and if i continue to sit in this chair it will probably escalate or if I touch the testicle
I'm currently going through what seems to be the same thing, only I wouldn't call it pain, it's more a slight... irritation? Not sure if that's the word to describe it. Well, it's not pain, but it's not nothing. I've ruled out torsion, since the pain would be more severe, and it'd be too late to save it by now anyway. Been going on for about five days.

I'd appreciate an answer with all due speed.
sorry this took so long, i got an e-mail about this site and forgot... anyways I went to the doctor for the pain worsened.. I was diagnosed with epididymitis... after some anti-biotics i felt fine after a week
ive had mild pain in my right testicle for 20 months. ive had all the relevent tests done 14 months ago and eliminated cancer. the urolygist says i may have prostatitus. im getting worried as im not getting better. please reply
Hello every one reading this.. I'm 14 years old and I have basically the same/if not the exact same thing as 'sgwrist' had to begin with.. Is there anything I can do to stop the pain or anything to help it at all ? PLEASE REPLY !! Thank you.