Urology Community
Milky Color in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Milky Color in urine

Hi doctor, my son is 17 months old. 3 months before, we noticed that his legs were bowed. On xray and blood examination we found it out to be ricktes and X-ray suggested "Healed Rickets". We started giving him calcium syrup and exposed him daily to sunlight. After a month the bllod reports showed improvement and now our paediatrician has asked us the reduce the calcium syrup from 3 thrice a day to twice a day. Now the other day i notcied that the first urine urone he passes in the morning, has initial milky color. Kindly help on what this could be.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There are several causes of milky or cloudy urine. The common ones are the presence of stones in the urinary tract and your child is prone to it due to the consumption of calcium, urinary tract infection (pus in urine) can make the urine cloudy, inflammation of the kidneys called as glomerulonephritis can also produce similar symptoms. I’ll suggest you to get the urine examined and consult a nephrologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Dear Dr.Singh, is this a serious condition or is it a passing conditions. Can it be treated by simple medication and giving lot of fruits and juices and water. Its his first urine of the day that has this white discharge.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Whenever a child is taking calcium, the fluid intake should definitely be increased to prevent the precipitation of the calcium in the urinary tract. I’ll suggest getting the urine examined for the presence of any proteins, RBC’s, pus cells, cell casts etc. If the urine examination is normal, then I don’t think there’ll be anything serious to be worried about. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Thanks doctor, Ill get my sons urine examined. Ill also ensure adequate liquid diet. This calcium intake is being given due to his bone conditions. Earlier it was thrice a day in amounts of 5ml. Now its reduced to two. I've ntoiced this mlikiness only in his first passage of urine in the day, and that too in the first outflow. Later it becomes clear. Am not able to understand this phenomenon. Anyways thanks doctor for your valuable advice. Pls advice if any other suggestion is there