Urology Community
Moles on penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Moles on penis

I have been with my husband for three years. He is 23 years old. Starting last year he started growing these mole looking things. they are kinda a brownish redish color. They are kinda big. It started out with just one or two of them and now there are about six. They haven't spread to me. He says they do not itch and they aren't painful. He says the only time they are painful is when he's accidently yanked one off or something of that nature.. What can it be? I've looked up many things to do with moles and none of them look like his.. What could they be and are they bad in some way toward him?
It is important that he gets this checked by a doctor, only then can a diagnosis or referral be made.
It can be anything from genital warts or other more serious problems.
Do not wait the sooner treatment is provided the better the outcome.

All the best,

Rmpr
Avatar_dr_m_tn
For these moles, angiokeratomas need to be ruled out. These are blue-to-red papules with a scaly surface located on the shaft of penis. The other possibilities are of of genital warts, skin tags or any mole being turning into a melanoma. Last but not the least it can be due to mollsuscum contagiosum which presents as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy done because treatment is diagnosis specific and it is through examination and skin biopsy only that we can make a precise diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.