Urology Community
Monarch sling problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Monarch sling problems

I had surgery to address incontinence.  A monarch sling was installed.  Within 10 days I urinated without warning or control twice.  My surgeon said I still had a lot of fluid in my bladder after I thought I had voided completely so he did an adjustment in the office.  I have since urinated 3 times with no warning or control.  My surgeon says the sling is too tight and wants to go in and cut the sling.  He tells me I am in the 1% of women for whom the sling fails.  Do I need a second opinion or is this a normal problem.  
i had a monarch sling  in oct 2007 and had it removed in may 2009 . i am always in pain . my dr says scar tissue. i have a very understanding husband also.we have tried 2 times to have sex, i could not stand the pain.i am in physical therapy, trying to break up the scar tissue.my sling slipped and wrapped around my pelvic bone and stayed there 2yrs the sling grew to the bone. this has been a nightmare for me and my husband.i hope you are finding some direction for your problem. i truely feel you need a second opinion
OMG I had one in 2005 in hospital for a week , blood transfusion, damage to obtrator nerve in the adductor muscle in the thigh, still wear pads leak, am scared to death to have in taken out, if you can find someone to do it, I don't feel the docs have enough training, company shoulde be sued, too hard to sue docs, I am blackballed because I tried
Several years ago , I had  the monarch installed , when I had my hysterectomy. My life has never been the same since. I am very private. So up until now I feel there is hope for what I am going thru. It is embarrasìng and humilliating  as a woman under 50 to have such problems, and live with it. DO NOT HAVE  THIS PROCEDURE DONE. It is a blessing to read your post and know your not alone.
i had the monarch operation about 10 momths ago and had no ptoblem un till 2 weeks ago. my left thigh hurts so bad i can hardley put any weight on it. i have went to the hospital e.r. 2 times and they tell me to take pain pills and they will see me next week . I belive that they will have to remove it because i can't live like this.