Urology Community
Monarch sling problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Monarch sling problems

I had surgery to address incontinence.  A monarch sling was installed.  Within 10 days I urinated without warning or control twice.  My surgeon said I still had a lot of fluid in my bladder after I thought I had voided completely so he did an adjustment in the office.  I have since urinated 3 times with no warning or control.  My surgeon says the sling is too tight and wants to go in and cut the sling.  He tells me I am in the 1% of women for whom the sling fails.  Do I need a second opinion or is this a normal problem.  
i had a monarch sling  in oct 2007 and had it removed in may 2009 . i am always in pain . my dr says scar tissue. i have a very understanding husband also.we have tried 2 times to have sex, i could not stand the pain.i am in physical therapy, trying to break up the scar tissue.my sling slipped and wrapped around my pelvic bone and stayed there 2yrs the sling grew to the bone. this has been a nightmare for me and my husband.i hope you are finding some direction for your problem. i truely feel you need a second opinion
OMG I had one in 2005 in hospital for a week , blood transfusion, damage to obtrator nerve in the adductor muscle in the thigh, still wear pads leak, am scared to death to have in taken out, if you can find someone to do it, I don't feel the docs have enough training, company shoulde be sued, too hard to sue docs, I am blackballed because I tried
Several years ago , I had  the monarch installed , when I had my hysterectomy. My life has never been the same since. I am very private. So up until now I feel there is hope for what I am going thru. It is embarrasìng and humilliating  as a woman under 50 to have such problems, and live with it. DO NOT HAVE  THIS PROCEDURE DONE. It is a blessing to read your post and know your not alone.
i had the monarch operation about 10 momths ago and had no ptoblem un till 2 weeks ago. my left thigh hurts so bad i can hardley put any weight on it. i have went to the hospital e.r. 2 times and they tell me to take pain pills and they will see me next week . I belive that they will have to remove it because i can't live like this.
I had a Monarch Bladder Lift in 2003- 2004..can't remember anymore. My sling broke in 2006, had to be removed and put back in. With a different sling. I now experience 2 types of incontinence. See water- pee! We won't even go into sneezes or coughs. I wear pads 24 hours a day. I can't be without them. I took Vesicare for a few months, then my Medical wouldn't cover it anymore. At $400.00 a prescription, I guess I don't blame them, but it worked terrifically! I wish I could take it again, but I've since gone on Disability, due to depression and Fibromyalgia. I don't suppose I could ever have comfortable sex again in my life-time. I won't try because the leaking is just too great. Be careful of the decision you make. It can be life-altering. Being single only escalates the whole thing. I am in the lawsuit action, but don't believe much will come from it. It can't give me my life back.
I just this past week had the monarc sling put in. I am so depressed I am still leaking. My doctors says to be patient. He put me back on meds. Prior to the surgery I was on Vesicare but it raised my blood pressure. I am now on Toviaz. I have the same reaction from both as far as leakage, I still leak ALL the time the only thing these pills do to me is make it so when I feel I have to pee only a little comes out. I see the doctor next week for my 2 week check up I will ask on that. I wish there were some people on here with some good results to give me a little positive outlook.