Urology Expert Forum
Morning erections

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Morning erections

I'm 36 years old and it seems for weeks at a time when I wake up in the mornings I have an erection especially when I have to urinate, but only when I've been sleeping. Is this something to worry about.
Morning erections are not specific to any diseases and can be part of normal erectile variation.  

If there continues to be pain, discomfort, or urinary frequency issues, the urine can be sent for analysis and culture, and the prostate examined for inflammation and enlargement.  

This question can be discussed with your personal physician or urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_