Multiple Urinary Tract Infections
I'm going to start out by giving a little of my health history dealing with UTI's. All through my 9th grade year I would see my family doctor for minor things like a cold or the flu. Everytime I went they would take a urine sample and inform me that there was white blood cells and blood in my urine. They would put me on anti biotics and the next time i went it would be the same thing. I would never notice any signs of burning or anything either unless it was something I grew acustomed to. I also wasn't sexual active. I lost medical insurance and didn't return to the doctor for many years. Three years ago I went to the ER because there was a large amount of visible blood in my urine. They seen infection but no stones and thought that I had already passed it. I felt extreme pain in my left kidney right before being seen. A year after that I was hospitalized for a severe kidney infection and was told that I was close to becoming septic that, that was how long I had the infection. I was refered to a UROLOGIST but didn't have the insurance to go. I have been back and forth to the ER and they do the same just put me on anti biotics and refere me to a urologist to find out what is causing my recurrent UTI's. I am now with medical insurance and am making an appointment tomorrow with one. Can anyone tell me why I am having recurrent UTI's and constantly seeing infection in my urine. Even after anitbiotics I see this. I also have a lot of pain in my kidneys and it is worse when I get up and try to clean. I sometimes have to stop and catch my breath while simply getting the kitchen swept. I have cronic fatigue and never feel good. What are some of the possible things that could be effecting me?

I too get infections of the urinary tract as well as in the kidneys. After a urodynamics test, it was determined that I have a neurogenic bladder. In 2000 after a major kidney infection as well as a staph infection off the left testicle, I underwent emergency surgery to get the necrotised testicle removed. From that time on I used to self cath at least twice a day. This realy cut down the infections. Now recently 2008 I was dignosed as having a fistula between my prostate and bowel (rectum.) As a result of this I'm backt to getting frequent infections. In the last 6 months I have had 3 infections, one of them being a kidney infection.

The urodynamics test showed that I had a past voiding residual of over 200 CC of urine. With that amount of urine remaining in the bladder the chance of infection is great.

When I used to come down with infections about every 3 months requiring hospitalization for about a week being on IV antibiotics, I never used to feel well. It seemed that every time I started to feel better, i'd come down with another infection.

I hope that you will be able to get things checked out. Have you had a cystoscopy to dule out any abnormalities. A urodynamics test can also reveal problems. It did in my case. From 1994 up to 2000, I had many different cystoscopies that showed no abnormailities, however urodynamics did.

All the best.

Ron
could be the case of some sort. I know that when I had my severe kidney infection and before it hospitalized me i was noticing a few large blood clots that i would pass as i went wee wee. I'd say there has been some damage done somewhere in my unrinary tract.