Urology Community
Multiple Urinary Tract Infections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Multiple Urinary Tract Infections

I'm going to start out by giving a little of my health history dealing with UTI's. All through my 9th grade year I would see my family doctor for minor things like a cold or the flu. Everytime I went they would take a urine sample and inform me that there was white blood cells and blood in my urine. They would put me on anti biotics and the next time i went it would be the same thing. I would never notice any signs of burning or anything either unless it was something I grew acustomed to. I also wasn't sexual active. I lost medical insurance and didn't return to the doctor for many years. Three years ago I went to the ER because there was a large amount of visible blood in my urine. They seen infection but no stones and thought that I had already passed it. I felt extreme pain in my left kidney right before being seen. A year after that I was hospitalized for a severe kidney infection and was told that I was close to becoming septic that, that was how long I had the infection. I was refered to a UROLOGIST but didn't have the insurance to go. I have been back and forth to the ER and they do the same just put me on anti biotics and refere me to a urologist to find out what is causing my recurrent UTI's. I am now with medical insurance and am making an appointment tomorrow with one. Can anyone tell me why I am having recurrent UTI's and constantly seeing infection in my urine. Even after anitbiotics I see this. I also have a lot of pain in my kidneys and it is worse when I get up and try to clean. I sometimes have to stop and catch my breath while simply getting the kitchen swept. I have cronic (chronic) fatigue and never feel good. What are some of the possible things that could be effecting me?

I too get infections of the urinary tract as well as in the kidneys. After a urodynamics test, it was determined that I have a neurogenic bladder. In 2000 after a major kidney infection as well as a staph infection off the left testicle, I underwent emergency surgery to get the necrotised testicle removed. From that time on I used to self cath at least twice a day. This realy cut down the infections. Now recently 2008 I was dignosed as having a fistula between my prostate and bowel (rectum.) As a result of this I'm backt to getting frequent infections. In the last 6 months I have had 3 infections, one of them being a kidney infection.

The urodynamics test showed that I had a past voiding residual of over 200 CC of urine. With that amount of urine remaining in the bladder the chance of infection is great.

When I used to come down with infections about every 3 months requiring hospitalization for about a week being on IV antibiotics, I never used to feel well. It seemed that every time I started to feel better, i'd come down with another infection.

I hope that you will be able to get things checked out. Have you had a cystoscopy to dule out any abnormalities. A urodynamics test can also reveal problems. It did in my case. From 1994 up to 2000, I had many different cystoscopies that showed no abnormailities, however urodynamics did.

All the best.

Ron
could be the case of some sort. I know that when I had my severe kidney infection and before it hospitalized me i was noticing a few large blood clots that i would pass as i went wee wee. I'd say there has been some damage done somewhere in my unrinary tract.