Urology Expert Forum
Muscle strain?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Muscle strain?

Twelve days ago my 47-year old husband was cutting down some large bushes and came in complaining of abdominal pain.  Next day we went to the e.r.  The doctor examined him and told him it was muscle strain, gave 3 injections and 2 prescriptions.  Well, none of it seemed to help, so we went to our regular doctor 9 days later.  My husband had pain on both sides mid-way down the back radiating around to the front abdomen on both sides.  He also has pain where his left leg meets the pelvis and sometimes his left testicle hurts, altho there are no lumps in the testicles or scrotum. He also has a nodule underneath the skin on his back that is painful and seems to be the point where the pain starts radiating.  He only has these pains when he bends over, squats, pulls something or lifts his left leg.  Our doctor examined this nodule and my husbands abdomen (altho I don't think he told him about the testicle) and said it was indeed muscle strain.  He said it wasn't a hernia (the nodule).  He prescribed muscle relaxers and a NSAID.  The NSAID seems to help, the pain in his right side and most of the left side is gone, altho the nodule is still there.  This soft nodule shrinks some with ice massage.  He still has pain in the groin area and some in the left testicle.   Ice massage also help the groin area.  My husband has high pain tolerance, so if he's in pain it must be really bad.  My questions are, how long does muscle strain last?  It seems like two weeks is too long to be in pain from muscle strain. Should this soft nodule be a concern and also the testicle pain? Will it all come back when he stops the NSAID?  Also, my husband looks pale.  Thanks for your advice.